Welcome to OSU Wireless
The Ohio State University provides wireless data network services for OSU students, faculty, staff, and guests. The wireless network is designed and maintained by the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
Two primary wireless networks have been made available:
- osuwireless, an encrypted network for students, faculty, staff.
- WiFi@OSU, a multi-purposed unencrypted network that provides guests with internet access and helps students, faculty, and staff connect to the encrypted network, osuwireless.
Resetting Your Password
OSU Wireless uses your OSU Internet Username and password. When you change your password, you must reconfigure your device. This can be done very easily with the following steps:
- Log in with your Ohio State Username (lastname.#) and password at my.osu.edu to change your current password.
- Once you've completed the password change, connect to the WiFi@OSU network.
- Open a web browser and browse to a website to be redirected to the "OSU Network Access" web page.
- Click on "Secure Network Access" for students, faculty, staff to automatically configure your device.
New students, faculty, and staff must complete activation of a new Ohio State Username at my.osu.edu before setting up wireless.
The wireless network consists of 802.11ac and 802.11agn access points.
Currently there are 8700+ access points deployed throughout the OSU Columbus, Lima, Marion, Mansfield, Newark and Wooster campuses. These access points provide coverage in select locations. The build out of wireless on all campuses will continue as additional requests from university departments and colleges are received and processed.